Energy monitoring applications in buildings often call for expensive, complex equipment to be delivered onsite and temporarily installed.
For the utility, three-phase balancing is crucial. As the utility calculated and billed based on the highest phase load, the imbalances caused several hundred thousand dollars in additional costs each year.
Facility managers have a major responsibility that directly impacts safety, comfort, and the financial line: maximizing uptime of vital equipment. Optimizing the building’s energy use requires sub-metering.
Energy Monitoring Hardwares
Sensgreen uses LoRaWAN-based Vutility HotDrops as energy meters.
- HotDrops install just within minutes, minimizing high-cost electrician time without needing to cut the power.
- HotDrop includes many patented and exclusive energy monitoring technologies that allow it to recharge inductively on the wire it measures without the use of external batteries or wires.
- The HotDrop can report more data in under 15 minutes using minute-by-minute cloud transmissions than the majority of meters do in an entire year hence makes energy monitoring extremely accessible.
- Competitive bids ranged from $50K to $75K plus ($35K to 50K for HW plus installation fees and margin). HotDrop’s equivalent scope costs less than $3K for HW and requires significantly less installation cost.
- Up to 4000 Amps energy metering capability (CT sizes change according on the measurement capacity)
Energy Monitoring Analytics Tools
Get minute-by-minute granular energy metering data (down to the circuit level!) to measure, monitor, and drive changes
If there is unusual consumption, get alarms via the Mobile App, Mail, or Whatsapp/Telegram Bot
Get weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports of your energy consumption analysis which is analyzed by machine learning-based Sensgreen Building Analytics Tool
Recognize the contributing factors to your carbon footprint and find opportunities for efficiency
Load & Phase Balancing
Analyze your three-phase balances and get recommendations to optimize it
Real-time visibility will help you avoid end-of-month surprises on your energy bills
Data to reduce capacity tags and ensure credit for participating in DR events
Compare your building’s energy consumption with temperature, humidity, and air quality data